JESUS REMAINED IN THE DESERT FOR FORTY DAYS
FEBRUARY 22, 2015 • FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT
Lenten fasts have a tendency to be oriented toward things like giving up food or TV, but there are other ways we can welcome Jesus’ healing touch this Lent. Bleow are SIX suggestions you may want to consider.
1. Fast from ANGER and HATRED. Give your family an extra dose of LOVE each day.
2. Fast from JUDGING OTHERS. Before making any judgments, recall how Jesus overlooks our faults.
3. Fast form DISCOURAGEMENT. Don’t make negative comments that will discourage others. Hold on to Jesus’ promise that He has a perfect plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).
4. Fast form COMPLAINING. When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall some of the little moments of joy which Jesus has given you.
5. Fast from RESENTMENT and BITTERNESS. Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you.
6. Fast from SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY. Try to reduce your spending by 10% and give these savings to the poor.
IF YOU NO LONGER DESIRE TO SERVE AS A LECTOR OR EUCHARISTIC MINISTER, PLEASE CALL GLENN OR KATHY TO BE TAKEN OFF THE SCHEDULE.
FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN BECOMING LECTORS OR EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS, TRAINING IS AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT GLENN OR KATH.
CONTACT NUMBER FOR GLENN & KATHY RAMSDALE IS 837-1031.
THANK YOU TO OUR LADY OF PEACE CHURCH COMMUNITY AND THE COMMUNITY OF ALPINE FOR MAKING OUR ENCHILADA SUPER A SUCCES. WE VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT IN OUR FUNDRAISING EFFORTS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS.
BLESSINGS FROM: THE OLP STEUBENVILLE GROUP
Bishop Mark J. Seitz
406 S. 6th Street
Alpine, Texas 79830
Tel: (432) 837-3304
Fax: (432) 837-1752
Pastor: Rev. Robert Kobe
Associate Priest: Rev. Mark N. P. Salas
Text or Call
Deacon Paul Lister
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. (Spanish)
10:00 a.m. & 12 Noon
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m.
Sunday: 12 Noon
In Loving Memory of
Leticia G. Valle
In Loving Memory of
Ernesto & Faustina Fierro Sr. &
Deceased Family Members
by Leticia Fierro & Family
This week there will not be Confessions on Thursday. Confessions will be heard o Wednesday as part of the Missions.
Confessions are also heard on Saturdays from 4pm-5pm.